cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run vm xos on vmware workstation 11

run vm xos on vmware workstation 11

Sofiane_ould_Mo
New Contributor
Hi All, I tried to set up a new virtual switch xos (xos 21.x)on vmware workstation 11 so I managed to get it installed but the network interfaces seem not te be UP although the are connected. I know that xos vm is supported on EXSi but what about workstation ? Is there any limitation du to the network type (E1000) ? thank you for your help !
9 REPLIES 9

Thank you so much for the hint and indeed I've done the same modifications on vmx file actually I've had to add these lines into the file and now the ports come up... thank you again for your help.

I manually edited the .vmx file to change NIC type in VMware Fusion. I think VMware Workstation would be the same.

ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000e"
ethernet1.virtualDev = "e1000e"
ethernet2.virtualDev = "e1000e"
ethernet3.virtualDev = "e1000e"
ethernet4.virtualDev = "e1000e"
ethernet5.virtualDev = "e1000e"
ethernet6.virtualDev = "e1000e"

Hi, I'm quite astonished because on workstation, I'm not able to specify the e1000 network interface type. Do you know how can we change network interface type on vmware workstation 11 ? thank you.

I'm running EXOS 15.7 VM with 8 x 'e1000e' interfaces added in VMware Fusion 8.0 which is equivalent to VMware Workstation for Mac. It is working fine.

Thanks for sharing your experience. that being said, I have many xos vm running on my virtual box and actually 4 interfaces it is enough for me but, indeed, whenever I want to increase network interfaces I had to do it on CLI so it is quite bothering... this is why I want to use it on vmware workstation inorder to add interfaces easy and graphically. could you try it out, install on vmware workstation ? thank you
GTM-P2G8KFN