cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show/Increase VRRP Instances

Show/Increase VRRP Instances

Frank
Contributor
I've gone blind - I can't find the command to show or increase the number of VRRP instances.

Or is it automatic that when you install the "Advanced Edge" or "Core" license, it increases the instances from twohundred-some-odd to 511?

Also, am I right when I assume that the number of VRRP instances are not shared between IP6 and IP4? As in, I can have 511 IPV6 VRRPs and 511 IPV4 VRRPs?

Thanks,
Frank
6 REPLIES 6

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
1)Duplicate VRIDs are allowed on the router but not on the same IP interface or VLAN.
2)The maximum number of supported VRIDs per interface is seven.
3)A maximum of 128 VRID instances are supported on the router. This number can be extended up to256 based on the license and hardware; refer to the release notes for the maximum limit.
4) A VRRP router instance can be configured with multiple IP addresses on the same subnet or ondifferent subnets, provided that all virtual IP addresses match the subnet address of a VLAN on the switch. For example, if a host switch has VLAN IP addresses in the 1.1.1.x and 2.2.2.x subnets, VRRP router instance 99 can contain virtual IP addresses in both those subnets as well.

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Frank

You shouldn't need to expand the number of VRRP instances, if the switch will support 511 then it is ready to go. Please look at the limits section of the release notes to verify.

In regards of the max number for IPv4 and IPv6 I believe the max is total between the two not 511 for both.

I will confirm.

P
GTM-P2G8KFN