Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show ports configuration

show ports configuration

Waqas_Naeem
New Contributor II
We are facing issue with CLI while issue the command “show
ports configuration
”. The cursor moves from top to bottom randomly and does not display the remaining ports/lines properly. Please note that this issue is with all switches we have. Seems to be an EXOS issue

ExtremeXOS version 15.5.3.4 v1553b4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Waqas, I would bet if you widen the display or your terminal session this will stop. We use putty.exe for all cli and ssh access and on the Extreme XOS display has to be stretched or it does not parse the lines correctly. You will see the cursor moving up and down the line due to the screen is being refreshed every one or two seconds so you get real time status of the ports. Also only 15 or so ports will display at a time so as other stated you have to use U or D to look at remaining ports

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Waqas, I would bet if you widen the display or your terminal session this will stop. We use putty.exe for all cli and ssh access and on the Extreme XOS display has to be stretched or it does not parse the lines correctly. You will see the cursor moving up and down the line due to the screen is being refreshed every one or two seconds so you get real time status of the ports. Also only 15 or so ports will display at a time so as other stated you have to use U or D to look at remaining ports

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
I would also recommend to have a window size of 100 characters width for better output lisibility.

I would not expect this to be a firmware issue.

Thanks. Just to ask if it can be the issue of firmware? Should I upgrade firmware to check?
GTM-P2G8KFN