Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMPv3 trap delay 5min

SNMPv3 trap delay 5min

Ravi0087
New Contributor II
hi,
i am able see snmp messages in snmp server, but there is 5min delay.
16 REPLIES 16

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
You'd download the MIB file on the support site in the software section.
https://esupport.extremenetworks.com/

With an MIB browser you'd search thru the MIB...
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/mib-to-oid-with-description

Below the full information of the MIB entry MIB: IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.1001 (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.1001):

In short it's the interface status (up/down) of interface#1001

iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOperStatus

ifOperStatus OBJECT-TYPE
SYNTAX Integer {
    up(1), down(2), testing(3), unknown(4), dormant(5), notPresent(6), lowerLayerDown(7) }
MAX-ACCESS Read Only
STATUS Current
DESCRIPTION
    The current operational state of the interface. The testing(3) state indicates that no operational packets can be passed. If ifAdminStatus is down(2) then ifOperStatus should be down(2). If ifAdminStatus is changed to up(1) then ifOperStatus should change to up(1) if the interface is ready to transmit and receive network traffic; it should change to dormant(5) if the interface is waiting for external actions (such as a serial line waiting for an incoming connection); it should remain in the down(2) state if and only if there is a fault that prevents it from going to the up(1) state; it should remain in the notPresent(6) state if the interface has missing (typically, hardware) components.
::= { ifEntry 8 }

-Ron

Ravi0087
New Contributor II
what is meaning of this MIB: IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.1001 (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.1001):

can you tell me mib for port up and down?

Ravi0087
New Contributor II
System Type: E4G-200
XOS: 16.1.1.4
SNMP server : internal product

I am enabling / disabling ports is giving me SNMP critical/clear error but there is 5min delay.
I did wireshark, I can only see snmp get messages, i dont see anything in snmp.trap filter.

Ravi0087
New Contributor II
Where can i get MIB information?

Ravi0087
New Contributor II
I am having issue in receiving trap from the switch....I have not tried on other xos version.(i wont be able to change xos.)

Also, should I be looking for trap in snmp.trap filter?

GTM-P2G8KFN