Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summit x450e-48p error Exos startup failed - boot loop

Summit x450e-48p error Exos startup failed - boot loop

JamesGant
New Contributor

Hi All,

I recently bought a used Extreme Summit x450-48p. I have got stuck at the switch boot looping with the attached error messages.

I am relatively new to this switch setup, having only previously used Telnet. I am not sure what the errors mean apart from what seems like the CF card not loading correctly. And I can't find anyone else with these issues so far.

After the unknown symbol/parameter errors, the switch will wait, fail to boot and restart. Doing the same thing over and over again with no difference.

Any information or insight on the issues would be greatly appreciated!

- James Gant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Why do you buy a 15+ year old switch, that is End-of-Life since 5 years? Just being curious.

Looks like a hardware fail, but it doesn't harm to reinstall EXOS from the bootloader. How To: How to Use the BootROM Menu to Download and Install a New Image to an EXOS Switch | Extreme ...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JamesGant
New Contributor

I am a hobbyist and enthusiast in networking; it was cheap on eBay, and I got it as a pet project to learn how to use serial interfaces and to have something new to learn. Plus, if it does work, then I can use it as just a basic Poe 1gb switch for my home network.

Thank you for your insight, I will try a reinstall.

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Why do you buy a 15+ year old switch, that is End-of-Life since 5 years? Just being curious.

Looks like a hardware fail, but it doesn't harm to reinstall EXOS from the bootloader. How To: How to Use the BootROM Menu to Download and Install a New Image to an EXOS Switch | Extreme ...

GTM-P2G8KFN