Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summit X670V-48t - Switchport stuck in ready status

Summit X670V-48t - Switchport stuck in ready status

Claudio
New Contributor
Product Model: Summit X670V-48t-FB-AC
Software Version: 16.1.3.6

Ethernet Switchport 1:7 remain in ready status even if a device is connected on it. I tried many different cables and devices but the Switchport doesn’t come Active but everything works correctly in all other Switchports. I also tried to reboot the switch without any results. I think that Switchport is broken. My question: how can I verify that Switchport is broken? Is there a way to understand with some "show" commands that there is a physical issue on that Switchport?

Thank you in advance to all the Community

Best Regards
Claudio

11 REPLIES 11

as i mentioned before, both sides have to be configured in the same way
if one of the sides is not auto, then the other have to be auto off too

One side it was configured as "configure ports 1:7 auto on speed 10G duplex full" and the other side "configure ports 1:x auto on"

for that to work, the same speed settings must be set at the other side of switchport
I supose, the other side cannot support 10G speed, right?

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Also, you might have to run an extended diag. To do that; run the command "run diagnostic extended". Please note that the switch will become in active and will eventually reboot in about five minutes. Then run show diag to see the result.

Andrew_Imam
Extreme Employee
Hi Claudio,

If after verifying the port settings as suggested by Jarek, and testing with both auto-negotiation on or hard coding the port settings, the issue continues to persist, please run extended diagnostics during a scheduled maintenance window (if possible). Use the command: "run diagnostics extended". Please note that this command will reboot the switch to perform the hardware diagnostics tests. Once the test is completed and the switch is rebooted, you can use the "show diagnostics" command to check on the result of the diagnostics.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Andrew
GTM-P2G8KFN