cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Hardware

Switch Hardware

bw447
New Contributor III
Posting this question here because the 'Switching Routing' sub forum didn't return any replies.

We have 2 switch models (x460, x670) in our environment that are running 10Gb SFP+.

My one problem I have with them is that these are fairly large in size and port density for some of our locations.

For instance we have an x460 down by one of our ISPs that is part of our EAPS ring around the city. This switch only has 3 ports 2 for the ring and then one for our hand-off.

What would be a better fit for us to use in that locale?

Our main requirement is that it has at minimum of 3 10Gb ports.
If the switch has 2 PSU that would be a plus, but not critical because of our other ISPs.
5 REPLIES 5

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III

The actual numbers are on page 4 of the datasheet: https://www.extremenetworks.com/product/x620/

bw447
New Contributor III
Does anyone know how loud are the fans are on the X620-8t-2x or x620-10x. I like the small form factor.
The cage that the rack is in sits close to a couple cubicles in an office. #NetworkingWorkSpace

EtherMAN
Contributor III
We are using the 440 G2's for layer 2 only ten gig services at edge since they were introduced. Zero problems. They are doing very well. Not sure how they would do running in a ring with multiple vlans, vmans, and EAPS rings... Look at the hardware states to see if these would work for you...

CFaber
New Contributor
Following Alexandr I would suggest the same types of switches - if the performance suits your needs.
We have two X620-16x as distribution switch for 10 Stacks of Summit-Switches and it's running fine.
GTM-P2G8KFN