cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

switch summit-x670 shutdown when I removed 3 ports from the default vlan tag 1

switch summit-x670 shutdown when I removed 3 ports from the default vlan tag 1

Akin
New Contributor
switch summit-x670 shutdown when I removed 3 ports from the default vlan tag 1. I had to do a hard reset to bring it back online. Does anyone know what could have happened?
31 REPLIES 31

Akin
New Contributor
the ports i removed from the Default vlan, say 1,2,3 are masters in different lacp sharing group. I did not just lose connection via ssh... all servers connected to the switch, including the distribution switch it is uplinked to also did because those ports are tagged in different vlan. What I mean by "shutdown" is that connections were lost to the entire switch as soon as i effected this change << "configure vlan "Default" delete ports 1,2,3 >>

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
This is a good theory. Rebooting the switch would of reverted it back to the state where the ports were still added into the default VLAN, therefore restoring connectivity.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Could you go into a little bit more detail about the "shutdown" state....
could it be that the ssh connection was running via that port and you only lost the mgmt link ?

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
When you lost connectivity, did you try to console into it before rebooting? Our switches don't shut down unless the power is pulled. Were there indicator lights on the switch when you went to reset it?

Akin
New Contributor
I found many of this error in the log: Port=2: No associated STP port for STP Domain tag 0 (Rate-limited)
GTM-P2G8KFN