Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TFTP / Solution for a linux server

TFTP / Solution for a linux server

skyvana
New Contributor III

hi,

I want to use a TFTP server ( like this for Windows https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081258) but on Linux to upload a file to a switch. I tested several solutions (tftpd-hpa ...), but none works. 

Do you know a solutions who work?

Many thanks in advanced

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

skyvana
New Contributor III
hi,

I already test this, but it not fix my problem, i absolutely test/check everything, that's sounds very strang.

So i test on a other Linux OS (raspbian that's is not virtual) and TADA it Work ! [ it's may be that my server was virtual ...]

Thank for your help !

Alex

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

skyvana
New Contributor III

044d22c60cb844e5829683cb5e4aa5c1_4204b2f3-8109-461d-a33d-e643cd4a40a0.png

ar1
Contributor
Hi Alex,
your output from your first picture shows two process that are running on the tftp-ports (PID 3485 and 4146). Pls reboot the system an check if this is still so.
Pls. send the complete output of the command "systemctl status tftpd-hpa.service"
At the end you see, where the server is looking for files and where they will be stored.
For example:
root@test:/# systemctl status tftpd-hpa.service
● tftpd-hpa.service - LSB: HPA's tftp server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/tftpd-hpa; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Mon 2019-05-20 14:45:48 CEST; 2 months 4 days ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 4915)
CGroup: /system.slice/tftpd-hpa.service
└─874 /usr/sbin/in.tftpd --listen --user tftp --address 0.0.0.0:69 --ipv4 --create --secure /srv/tftp
(in my case its /srv/tftp)
Maybe you have to create this directory ?
To check the firewall settings try "ufw" or "iptables -L".

Regards,
Axel

skyvana
New Contributor III

5dd45011ee9f4f2186fbafc3199c20f1_134e6bf4-9e42-45c6-ac68-6b2d39da695a.png

ar1
Contributor
Hi Alex,
have you checked that the tftp-server is running (netstat -taup | grep tftpd-hpa)?
Have you checked that no firewall will block the traffic to/from the server?
What show the output of "tail -f /var/log/syslog" or the output of "tail -f /var/log/messages" when you try to receive a file from the server and what is the command you use at the switch to download the file?
Pls. give us a little bit more details.
regards,
Axel
GTM-P2G8KFN