cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to push the file through TFTP...Very much critical.....

Unable to push the file through TFTP...Very much critical.....

ComraDe
New Contributor III
I am unable to upgrade the extreme switches due to some issues in the connectivity between switch and the laptop......
· I have tried pushing the image via management port but unable to do the same as not able to ping the laptop from switch(I am able to ping the switch from laptop but while uploading tftp falling timed out). · Created a separate vlan and assign ip address and tried but wasn’t helpful(Unable to ping the laptop from switch).

· I have done the basic troubleshooting as used 3 different laptops and disable antivirus/firewall. But issue persist.

Please help on this...

11 REPLIES 11

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
If your TFTP server is connected through MGMT port then you should use vr vr-mgmt command. If your TFTP server is connected on normal data port then you should use vr vr-default command.

By default, there are two servers are present on Extreme device, vr-mgmt and vr-default. You could confirm this by executing show vlan command output.

Wallance
New Contributor II
First thanks for your kind respone. but sorry, what you mean "new code tarp for other files"? I am using inline to download the image and with vr vr-default option, but it still failed. However, it works when I used management port with vr vr-mgmt. Is there any restriction for tftp function on inline ports?

Jason_Parker
Contributor
Wallace,
As Paul has stated

If you are using mgmt you need vr mgmt if you are inline use vs - default. Download command as jason (I) said for new code tarp for other files

Wallance
New Contributor II
I can download image successfully through vr-mgmt but it failed when I use vr-default. anyone knows why?
GTM-P2G8KFN