Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vlan agregation

vlan agregation

Ivan_Ivanov
New Contributor
Hi,

I use BD10808 v15.1 as VLAN agregation switch. On 60 SFP ports I receive 1800 VLANs and uplink them to one server port. To setup VMAN i use only :

create vman sl1
configure vman sl1 add port 8:1-8:60

When uplink is connected to one of the SFP ports , all is fine. But if I use 10G (for ex. port 3:4) uplink stops working when I unplug and plug again xenpak( or fiber ).
When I unplug and plug it back, "show fdb sl1" or "show fdb port 3:4" do not show server's MAC address any more. If i make static fdb entry uplink also do not recover.
The only way to bring it back is to delete 10G port (ex. 3;4) from the VMAN and to add it back.

Can you tell me what im missing, or how can do this better?

Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

Ivan_Ivanov
New Contributor
Yes, the problem is alive and need solution other than changing the hardware. So far looks like firmware issue, but can't exclude hardware completely. I test this only on G60X, 10G6X and 10G2H cards. Next days will have in lab BD8890 and will see. Have upgraded to latest firmware, but no luck.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Ivan,
Are you still having trouble with this, or does your followup indicate that you've resolved your concerns?

Ivan_Ivanov
New Contributor
Another workaround is to configure the vman (or 10G port) ethertype to another value and return back to required one.

Ivan_Ivanov
New Contributor
I did the following too: I put the uplink to one of the 1G SFP and one customer connects to xenpak on 3:4. dhcpclient didnt receive IP address until I changed primary ethertype from 0x88a8 to 0x9100. When I switch back the primary ethertype to 0x88a8 - client didnt work again even with static IP address on his network card. Sure I'm missing something regarding 10G-vMAN setup.
GTM-P2G8KFN