Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLAN Routing

VLAN Routing

ingatel
New Contributor
Hello,
I have problems when doing the vlan in the switches of the x440 G2 range. I want to do 3 vlan, for example from port 1 to 10 vlan1, from port 11 to 15 vlan 2 and from port 16 to 23 vlan 3. Port 24 wants it to connect my router. I have done the vlan but I can not configure port 24 to connect the router and have internet in the 3 vlan.
Can anyone tell me what commands I would have to put in order to make this small configuration?

Thank you

a greeting
14 REPLIES 14

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Ingatel,

If you want to communicate devices between VLANs (sofia to router, miki to router, classroom to miki etc.) you need routing.
  1. You can pass those VLANs to Mikrotik so it will do the routing, for this scenario your XOS->Mikrotik port should be tagged in all the VLANs, nothing more on this side.
  2. You can also perform routing on EXOS, for that your XOS->Mikrotik port would be only in VLAN router, all VLANs have to have their IPs (from different subnets) and ipforwarding enabled ('enable ipforwarding'). This approach puts you probably in need of ACLs or Policy or PVLAN (translation mode) to limit communication between internal VLANs like CCTV-classroom etc. All this you can read further here: https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_22.5/EXOS_User_Guide_22_5.pdf
You have to decide where you want to manage routing and inter-VLAN communication security settings: EXOS or Mikrotik?

Kind regards,
Tomasz

ingatel
New Contributor
The router that the operator installed me is a Microtik RB951. And the switch where I want to do the vlan is an X440 G2 24.

Thank you

regards

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
What model/type is this router that you are talking about ?

ingatel
New Contributor
To avoid seeing teams between different Vlan. For example, I have a vlan for security cameras, another vlan for a training room, etc.
I need to have the same gateway for all the vlan

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Why do you need different VLANs if all clients should have the same IP subnet ?!
GTM-P2G8KFN