cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Frame Forwarding Rate" of X690? And where is the document?

Athiwat_Wongkhu
New Contributor II
7 REPLIES 7

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Most of Extreme's claim to fame through the years were their switches have always been "wirespeed" when it comes to packet forwarding. I can/t recall any time they have not met those standards and did not state the fact there was a limit of the amount of PPS the forwarding back-plane could handle. Since everyone pretty much uses the same chip sets and there are so many things we add to just raw ethernet frames that would affect your through put it is a bit hard I would imagine to list the pps. If i understand correctly the backplane and engine must support "theoretical " PPS by directional on all ports for all frame sizes for them to claim this.

Side note I have a link that has been a good site for me to share when folks start talking about how much or how little download upload they are getting https://null.53bits.co.uk/uploads/programming/javascript/data-calcs.html#pps-connectivity

Hi Tomasz,

I agreed with you! I will try to open the case.

To Extreme employee who have seen my message, please help to provide the document. Thank you.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Athiwat,

I couldn't find it so far. Perhaps it's just missing in the datasheet or there is some limitation only Extreme is aware of.
For X590 it's also not specified as well BTW. 
GTM-P2G8KFN