cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

When creating a vlan, I get a loop after 1 hour in network. How can I check it?

When creating a vlan, I get a loop after 1 hour in network. How can I check it?

MUNIR_ENG
New Contributor III
hello Guys , I have added new switch type Summit X450-24x DC in my network , when i creating any Vlan after 1 hours loop happen in network , why that happened , Is there commanded or method to shows me where the defect was?
18 REPLIES 18

MUNIR_ENG
New Contributor III
the problem fixed, with new plan in our network i removed one switch and i re-arrange the vlan for each port , But my concerns when adding a new switch i will getting same problem. thank you fro your support

Thiago_da_Silva
New Contributor
What problem friend!
There seems to be a loop topology, can be a loop on the door or a machine with a virus.
Once I shared the problem in such a network.
I had a machine that had a virus.
This virus was flooding the network with broadcast.
I took a one of the machines on the network and saw what was the machine that was causing the issue. It was a machine with full access.
you will have to do the same.
if you want to put EAPS which only works on network ring tell me I mands commands.

Thiago_da_Silva
New Contributor
How is your topology?
If it is a ring, you will need a loop prevention protocol such as EAPS or ERPS Extreme.
The ERPS protocol there is the CFM, that work with switches that are not have ERPS.
Is very nice.

SchmuFoo
Contributor
You can try to nail down the problematic port with..

.. Extreme Loop Recovery Protocol (ELRP)

configure elrp-client one-shot "VLANe-Name" ports all print
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Which-commands-can-be-used-to-detect-a-loop

or

.. check the pkts/sec counter for high counters

show ports utilization

MUNIR_ENG
New Contributor III
thank you
GTM-P2G8KFN