cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

X440-G2 will not forward mac address info , over shared 10gig port , to X670 running mlag.

X440-G2 will not forward mac address info , over shared 10gig port , to X670 running mlag.

Rod_Robertson2
Contributor
I have a very basic configuration , from an X440-g2 licenced to use the 10Gig ports ( shared ) connected to 2 x 670 units running mlag , the x440 share is basic L2 and is static ( no lacp )

So the voice vlan is tagged at both the x440 and the 2 X670 .. I can see the mac address on the x440 , I do not see the mac address on the x670's , the voice ports are tagged for Avaya phones . Disable one side of the mlag uplink . With a static ipaddress set on the laptop I can ping the local switch IP address ( in same vlan ) I cannot ping the ( virtual ) DFG on the x670 running vrrp . , or its physical address. The X440 has been rebooted .

Code :

X670 running 15.5.4.2

X440 G2 running 21.1.3.7-patch1-4

7 REPLIES 7

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi Rod,

did you check that all the VLANs are added to the ISC link between the MLAG peers?

You might find the GTAC Knowledge article How to perform MLAG troubleshooting helpful.

Thanks,
Erik

Balaji
Extreme Employee
Rod,

Please provide the configurations from the x440 and the 670s.

Hi Rod,

good to know that this solved your problem. šŸ™‚

Please consider opening a case for this issue so that it can be fixed in 21.1.3.7 and hopefully other versions as well.

Thanks,
Erik

Erik looks like this has worked , the document implies that this is fixed in 21.1.1.4 code , while I am running 21.1.3.7 so the anomaly is still there and no fixed.

GTM-P2G8KFN