cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x450e-48p Loses config after power loss

x450e-48p Loses config after power loss

matt1az
New Contributor

Recently got my self a x450e-48p second hand. And i love it. But im having a bit of issues 

1. Cant change the time in the ui and dont know how to change it at all right now it is on
Mon Feb 9 1920

2. Cant seem to find where i can get any software updates for it. It has really old firmware.

3. I loses the config for vlans after powerloss and i have to connect via seriel again and config web managment and do everything all over again. 

Is there any solutions for my issues or is the switch just junk and i need something else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

1. Change via cli. "configure time" and "configure timezone"

2. no longer available. Switch is EoL since ages.

3. do you issue "save config"?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

number 3 sounds like a dead CMOS battery.. as long as the power-cable is connected the switch can retain the info on which config file to boot, but once the power cable is pulled due to the dead CMOS battery that can't be retained.

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

1. Change via cli. "configure time" and "configure timezone"

2. no longer available. Switch is EoL since ages.

3. do you issue "save config"?

1. Okay i will try that thanks.

2. there is no newer software update then 12.6.2.10 available?

3. yes i have pressed save config and im to scared to try to take out the cable if i lose my config again. is there anyway to save it locally and "upload" it if it resets?

2. Maybe there is, but it is no longer available to download afaik.

3. maybe the button in the GUI is buggy. Can you check on the CLI if there are unsaved changes? There should be an * before the prompt if there are unsaved changes.
Otherwise: https://www.analysisman.com/2019/04/extreme-switch-how-to-backup.html 

GTM-P2G8KFN