cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X450e-48p switches and 10Gb modules/3rd party

X450e-48p switches and 10Gb modules/3rd party

Mawrick
New Contributor

I have some X450e-48P switches and I’m considering buying some XGM2-2SF to setup some 10Gbit links between some of the switches.

Will this work just out of the box with 3’rd party SFP+ modules ?

Or is there any more licenses/features that have to be added to make this work ?

Looks like the switches have “Edge” license installed, and no feature packs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

The x450e series has reached the end-of-support in March 2019, so I don’t think you will be able to purchase any of the XGM modules via the official paths, as they would long be end-of-sale already. 

The XGM modules did not require a license to be used at 10Gb.

3rd party optics may or may not work, there’s no official statement that we can give, other than “use supported optics”.  The “3rd party optics license” that we used to have was introduced in 15.5, and the x450e-series can only run up to 15.3.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

The x450e series has reached the end-of-support in March 2019, so I don’t think you will be able to purchase any of the XGM modules via the official paths, as they would long be end-of-sale already. 

The XGM modules did not require a license to be used at 10Gb.

3rd party optics may or may not work, there’s no official statement that we can give, other than “use supported optics”.  The “3rd party optics license” that we used to have was introduced in 15.5, and the x450e-series can only run up to 15.3.

Mawrick
New Contributor

Ok, then I presume the XGM2-2SF will just work out of the box when slotted in, no need for some extra “features” or similar.

These ones are not G2’s AFAIK.

regards

DrankThePurpleS
New Contributor III

If whatever brand says compatible I'd assume they work. 

This isn't a G2? I know Edge license would cover that I'm G2. Also following, I need to add some VIM-4x and am very curious to know 3rd party module information, and if say 465 VIM works in 5520. Stupid to even have to ask. 

GTM-P2G8KFN