Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XOS show vlan portinfo

XOS show vlan portinfo

Thomas_J_Egger
New Contributor II
Hi all,

are there any plans to implement the command into XOS?

_ToM
28 REPLIES 28

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey Brian

I think there could be a few issues and Ronald mentioned a few.

1) Are you using an in-band VLAN i.e. a VLAN you created for users? if so the VR-D is the right virtual router. If you are using the out of band management port then VR-M is the one to use.

2) Can you ping the server that is offering up the TFTP service? Try and do the ping if that fails than it can be a situation where there is no route or default gateway on the switch, or that there is a FW (on machine) blocking the traffic.

3) can you access the TFTP server from another machine?

4) is the TFTP application providing the right directory or permission to the switch?

Let us know if any of those help.

P

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Might be the "-v vr-d " = the virtual router vr-default is used.

If you don't use vr-default to route from the XOS to your laptop you must change it to the correct vr.

Do a "show vlan" do see which vr there are and which one is used for your communication..

Brian_Simpson
New Contributor
Hi Paul and everyone,

Thanks so much for the feedback. So, I tried saving the script on Notepad, copying from the "#!/usr/bin/env python" line all the way down. Saved it to my local machine as portvlan.py.

Then I tried to tftp it using your command:

tftp -v vr-d -g -r portvlan.py

It tells me it's downloading the file to the switch. However, it fails due to a timeout error, and I'm not sure where I'm going wrong, hoping one of you guys can put some eyes on this and let me know where I messed up.

Thanks!

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Brian. Copy and paste this script into a txt editor and save it as portvlan.py The PARK shows that it is a Python script. Next TFTP it to the switch. The command to do that is TFTP -v vr-d -g -r portvlan.py Once you have it on the switch (verify with the command ls) then use the command run script portvlan.py . Of course you can name it whatever you want just put the .py extension Let me know if you still have issues

Brian_Simpson
New Contributor
Dave, I am new to XOS and trying to eval a Summit 450. Can you give me the Cliff Notes on getting that script onto the switch? Do I enable cli scripting, then enter the commands as they appear there? I tried copying and pasting but got error after error. Any help is appreciated!
GTM-P2G8KFN