Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

220 series XMC support level

220 series XMC support level

Rahman_Duran
Contributor
Hi,

Is there a feature matrix that shows what XMC features are supported for 220 series switches? Does XMC supports firmware upgrades, configuration backup/restores? Does it support ZTP? Can we use XMC "Configure Device" screen to visually configure VLANs on 220 series switches?

Regargs,

Rahman
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi, Rahman.

We do have a firmware support matrix. It's available here:

https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/common/releasenotes/extended_firmware_support_8.2.htm

Click the 220 tab at the top of the frame.

Thanks,

John

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Rahman,

I believe the best option for you would be to contact local Extreme SEs or the reseller who supports you, so they could lend you a 200 Series switch to play with it, or to setup a lab and show you kind of PoC with functionalities you want to see working. How does that sound for you?

I agree that at some point uncertainty can become frustrating, on the other hand there are almost countless options with XMC, they also vary over time so I can imagine there is some challenge to synchronize development team with documentation team every time a minor or major update becomes available. But I believe they'll eventually manage that, kind of a feature matrix is always more reliable and convenient than diving into different-fashioned datasheets, command references, user guides or even DIY setups just to confirm if something is working or not. Finally, here is the community so I hope somebody with more hands-on 200+XMC experience can also come here and provide you with the knowledge. 🙂

Kind regards,
Tomasz

Rahman_Duran
Contributor

Hi John,

Thank you for the update. But can you be more specific about "There may be some situations that aren't fully supported"? We plan to retire 30 of our A2H models. We can't gamble on the models. We need to decide this year. To be frank I really hate this uncertainty about product families when buy out happens between the companies.

Regards,

Rahman

John_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi Rahman,

Sorry for the confusion, but after speaking with development and QA, I think the functionality does work. There may be some situations that aren't fully supported, but creating/deleting VLANs and configuring PVID/egress lists worked properly when tested by QA this week.

Let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions!

John

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Rahman,

I see. Let's wait for some feedback from the development team then. I hope eventually it will be integrated same way as EXOS become. ERS switches are also considerable (e.g. ERS 3600), priced between 200 and EXOS and VLAN operations are supported, according to the link above.

Kind regards,
Tomasz
GTM-P2G8KFN