Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

220 series XMC support level

220 series XMC support level

Rahman_Duran
Contributor
Hi,

Is there a feature matrix that shows what XMC features are supported for 220 series switches? Does XMC supports firmware upgrades, configuration backup/restores? Does it support ZTP? Can we use XMC "Configure Device" screen to visually configure VLANs on 220 series switches?

Regargs,

Rahman
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi, Rahman.

We do have a firmware support matrix. It's available here:

https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/common/releasenotes/extended_firmware_support_8.2.htm

Click the 220 tab at the top of the frame.

Thanks,

John

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rahman_Duran
Contributor

Hi Tomasz,

Sure, we are using scripting for our few 3.party (HPE/Aruba and Cisco) switches. But I don't want to use scripting for Extreme devices. There is no point to stay "Extreme" if I can not fully integrate them with XMC. I already can backup configs of HP and Cisco's with XMC. If I need to do all other things via script why should I buy 200 series? They are not EXOS already.

I am trying to decide what should we go on for our L2 switches. I wrote this a few times, but I will repeat my self again. We were using A2H and A4H for L2. Then we started to use X430. Now X430 is end of sale and there is no X430-G2. So we need a robust and cost effective L2 switch to go on.

What are our option then? 200 series are not EXOS, and it does not fully supported by XMC. So it does not has any advantage over buying an Aruba switch for us. Other option is to go on with X440-G2. Not possible for us, it costs too much for our needs. Just compare the local prizes of two 24 port poe+ models: X440-G2-24P-10GE-4SFP costs ~25.000 TL ( over 4.000$) and an Aruba 2930F 24G PoE+ 4SFP+ costs ~8.000 TL (1.400$). This is huge difference that we can not afford.

Regards,

Rahman

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Rahman,

If any feature is not yet out-of-the-box, you can always do some scripts or FlexViews in XMC for that, depending on how urgent the case is.

Hope that helps,
Tomasz

John_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi Rahman,

I'm checking with development to see if there are plans to add it in the near future. I will let you know as soon as I hear.

Thanks,

John

Rahman_Duran
Contributor

Hi John,

This is what I was looking for, thank you.

But after looking at it I am disappointed again. It seems it does not support vlan modification:

802.1Q VLAN Support Creating/Editing/Deleting VLANs not supported.

We were planing to use sites/port templates for vlan modification but 200 series is a no go then? Is there any plan to support it with a firmware update near future?

Regards,

Rahman

John_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi, Rahman.

We do have a firmware support matrix. It's available here:

https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/common/releasenotes/extended_firmware_support_8.2.htm

Click the 220 tab at the top of the frame.

Thanks,

John
GTM-P2G8KFN