cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalyst 9000 Replacement

Catalyst 9000 Replacement

extreme_182
New Contributor

Hello team, I am somewhat new here, in fact I and other friends just started as parnert, and incredibly before we had any kind of chance to better review the portfolio, a PRO Cisco client asked us to quote to replacements for a Cisco Catalyst C9200L with 24ports with PoE and 4x1SFP of 1GB and C9300 with 24ports with PoE ports, with 1GB SFP....

could you help guide me, which are the required model equipment?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

FredrikB-NN2
Contributor

With the 5320 and 5420 (and more) model ranges, you can run both SwitchEngine (same as EXOS) or Fabric/VOSS with quite different capabilities. They have slightly different capabilities but the 5420F-24P-4XE is a likely candidate. It all depends on what the customer wants to do with the switches. Are they just for access with simple VLANs or do they want to do something more sophisticated?

View solution in original post

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

the Cat 9200 series is dual PSUs with a modular uplink module.   So you would be looking at the 5520 series. 

If you want a tier down, look at the 5420M series.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

the Cat 9200 series is dual PSUs with a modular uplink module.   So you would be looking at the 5520 series. 

If you want a tier down, look at the 5420M series.  

hi, 🙂 thanks for answer me

This 5420M is compatible with ExtremeCloud IQ?

FredrikB-NN2
Contributor

With the 5320 and 5420 (and more) model ranges, you can run both SwitchEngine (same as EXOS) or Fabric/VOSS with quite different capabilities. They have slightly different capabilities but the 5420F-24P-4XE is a likely candidate. It all depends on what the customer wants to do with the switches. Are they just for access with simple VLANs or do they want to do something more sophisticated?

Hiiiiiiiiii

Thanks for answer me 🙂

Yes, they may want something more sophisticated later like Fabric Connect, for now I would like to replace having some models similar to those C9200 and C9300, and I would love to be able to include the entire current platform with ExtremeCloud IQ, while they gradually migrate to Extreme...

GTM-P2G8KFN