cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure vlan c2g124-24

configure vlan c2g124-24

Dinu
New Contributor
Hello Admins, i'm newbie to the enterasys (c2g124-24) switch. basically i'm an unix admin.
i'm trying to configure vlan and want to access my linux machine to the vlan. can you please help me how to configure.
** i tried with manual but i couldn't able to understand.
vlan id = 100
name=vm-mgmt
my router is 192.168.0.1
** i want to create another subnet like 192.168.8.1 but want to use the router gateway 192.168.0.1 to access internet.
6 REPLIES 6

Martineau__John
Extreme Employee
Ronald,
IF the host VLAN is int the same VLAN that 192.168.0.X, you should be able to ping the gateway and the rest of the world.
Clients on other VLANs will need to SWITCH to the core router and the go to the world.
IF the clients are in the same subnet as the switch, you should be able to ping the switch, GW, & world.
Verify with show host vlan and show port vlan and also verify egress list of ports (untagged vlan as PVID and tagged all others(uplinks))

Dinu
New Contributor
Thanks Ronald.
even i'm able to create the vlan, still i'm not able to access from my linux machine.
below is what i would like to have.

i would like configure the vlan's on port ge.1.17
my vlan id's are 10 , 20
currenty the default router is 192.168.0.1
i want to have network segment on the vlan id are 192.168.8.0 and 192.168.9.0
and i have my linux machine which i configured on 192.168.8.5 , 6,7,8 etc

will this be possible or any other alternate solution. your help is greatly appreciated.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
no you can have a lot of VLANs but you could only have one IP address on the switch for mgmt access = the switch doesn't route between VLANs = only a L2 switch

Dinu
New Contributor
Thank you so much John.it really helps and its working..i have one question, if i understood correctly, only one vlan can be created correct.
GTM-P2G8KFN