cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've inherited a mess - Need help with Extreme Wireless issue(s)

I've inherited a mess - Need help with Extreme Wireless issue(s)

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

So I’m a new user here  in the EW forums. So recently I started a new job and inherited the Extreme Wireless system. The downside is, there’s no documentation (long story) and I’m having an issue with a X430 8P. 

Only a few ports work on the X430P (port 5, 8, and 10). I’ve checked all the other ports are enabled (they’re Enabled and Ready) but yet nothing will work to get them to actually work. I’ve added them to the VLAN(s) and still nothing. 

This particular X430 8P feeds into a Extreme X440G2-48p-10G4 in the basement which is the MDF. Is there something I have to do on the X440G to get this to work right? 

If anyone can please help I would be extremely (no pun intended) grateful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Hey Kev,

Just to come back around with this. I tested everything and couldn’t find anything wrong with Port 1 in the corresponding log. So anything else I could try? TY. 

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Hey Kev,

Just to come back around with this. I tested everything and couldn’t find anything wrong with Port 1 in the corresponding log. So anything else I could try? TY. 

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Noted.Thanks again Kevin. 

Kevin_Alexis_Ma
New Contributor

If correct, during the diagnostic process no port works. You have an approximate time of 15 minutes for that switch model,

HeyHelpDeskGuy
New Contributor III

Hey Kevin,

So by, ‘cut of the network services’, you mean that during the operation all of the ports will go down, right? If so I can run that early morning before anyone gets into the room. Thanks!

GTM-P2G8KFN