cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Intel Xeon Server and Extreme Networks ExtremeSwitching X460-G2: Any Advice?

Problems with Intel Xeon Server and Extreme Networks ExtremeSwitching X460-G2: Any Advice?

Oliviabarn
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I’m encountering issues with my Intel Xeon server when using the Extreme Networks ExtremeSwitching X460-G2. The problems seem to be impacting both performance and network connectivity. Here’s a detailed breakdown:

1. Performance Issues:
    • Server Slowdown: My Intel Xeon server experiences significant slowdown when interfacing with the ExtremeSwitching X460-G2. It becomes sluggish and unresponsive.
    • Resource Utilization: There’s a noticeable spike in resource usage on the server, which might be related to the ExtremeSwitching X460-G2.
  2. Network Connectivity Problems:
    • Connection Drops: I’m seeing frequent drops in network connectivity when using the ExtremeSwitching X460-G2 with the Intel Xeon server, leading to disruptions in network services.
    • Stability Issues: Maintaining a stable connection has been challenging, with intermittent connectivity problems affecting overall performance.
  3. Error Messages:
    • Network Configuration Errors: I’m encountering several error messages related to network configuration and connection issues, which seem to be linked to the ExtremeSwitching X460-G2.

I’ve already tried some troubleshooting steps, such as checking connections, updating firmware, and reviewing settings, but the problems persist.

Has anyone else faced similar issues with the ExtremeSwitching X460-G2 on an Intel Xeon server? Any advice or solutions that you’ve found effective would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,

Olivia

1 REPLY 1

Bartek
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've never faced such problems but you it would be helpful to share some details of your network topology. You can also generate tech support. Your problem description looks like a typical network loop but without any details it's really hard to tell. 

GTM-P2G8KFN