cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing slot #1 XOS

Replacing slot #1 XOS

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
Hello, I am trying to understand the proper method for replacing slot #1 (<-- specifically) in an XOS stack. Example: (2) 460-48p switches, Master & Backup running 16.2.2.4 p1-3. Slot #1 needs to be replaced. Prep replacement with proper code and partitions enable stacking protocol enhanced. Remove existing switch 1, switch 2 becomes master. Install new switch 1, enable stacking node-address (new node's info), configure stacking node-address (new node's info) slot-number 1, synchronize stacking node-address (new node's info). Reboot node-address (new node's info). New node comes back up (see vlan synch, fdb, acl synching). Stack looks okay for now. Issue command configure stacking mac address and reboot the stack. At this point new slot 1 becomes master and gets stuck at enter passphrase. And the switch reboots. The only way we have found to resolve this is to then config none on all switches in the stack, and load script of the original config. This is time consuming and not the preferred method I can guess.This has happened at several locations that we've had to replace slot #1 in particular. So it's not just one example. What would be the best method for success for replacing slot #1 in XOS?
Thanks,
Sarah

12 REPLIES 12

OscarK
Extreme Employee
You encounter this only on slots that are master with that key not installed internally.

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
Thank you, so want to make sure I understand would this only apply to replacing slot 1? We don't seem to have this type of trouble when we replace other nodes (example slots 2 thru .

OscarK
Extreme Employee
You see this because of a bug in EXOS when you load on the new slot a config where there is an SSH key but there is none stored internally.
Check this article, a solution would be upgrading to a release that contains a fix.
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Why-does-Enter-passphrase-show-up-during...

GTM-P2G8KFN