cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summit Boot Up Error Messages: KICM: bcm_linkscan_register failed for unit 1, error -3!

Summit Boot Up Error Messages: KICM: bcm_linkscan_register failed for unit 1, error -3!

welisson
New Contributor III

Hi Everyon,
We have been running the summit x460 for almost 4 years in a stack and suddenly that one from that stack comes down, and we weren't able to start up it again, and when we put the serial cable to indentify what was going on with that we could see this one was showing the follow error in the link below.
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000074969
Nonetheless we have followed what the procedure is saiying but not successful. We have tried to install the image summitX-16.xxx and even so, after installed the switch rebooted but that failure still happening.

I'm a quite concerned with the possibility that fault is happening due hardware failure, because it would take a long time to be fixed, or replaced that one.

4aec1b7ea6f142cb90353c4160ae505d_RackMultipart20170420-40849-exf1xe-error__extreme_inline.png

Does someone else have any ideia?
Everything from you will be appreciated.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

welisson
New Contributor III
Hi guys,
I have contacted GTAC in order to get a RMA of that one.

thanks

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
In all probable this looks like the boot up error issue leading to suspicious Hardware. Hence moving forward RMA should be the best option here.

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I would call GTAC and start a case. Probably a hardware failure.
GTM-P2G8KFN