cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Unable to configure traps in netsight console, getting an message : "unable to find events in log file"

Unable to configure traps in netsight console, getting an message : "unable to find events in log file"

prasanth_gunnam
New Contributor
We recently purchased netsight software, and was able to discover all the switches and getting all events messages. But unable to get the traps and syslogs. Followed the procedure mentioned in document, but not helped. I am getting an warning message in traps window "unable to find events in log file" .
Request you to please support for getting the same.

regards,
Prasanth Gunnam
29 REPLIES 29

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
If the device is configured for SNMP and could be reached from EMC/Netsight the only thing that you'd need to do is to click on "register trap reveiver" in EMC and it's enabled = EMC configures the device to send traps.

Might be that you've messed up because you've configured the trap receiver via switch CLI and then also via EMC.

I'd delete the SNMP trap receiver config from the switch and this time only do it via EMC.

As a example here the commands that where added via EMC after I've selected "register trap receiver".....

set snmp notify TVTrapTag tag TVTrapTag
set snmp targetaddr TVpublic 172.24.24.110 param TV1public mask 0.0.0.0 taglist TVTrapTag
set snmp targetparams TV1public user public security-model v1 message-processing v1 noauthentication nonvolatile

For troubleshooting you'd use the commands....
show snmp targetaddr
show snmp targetparams

prasanth_gunnam
New Contributor
Hi,

In traps receiver configuration, it is showing that traps are receiving in 17 devices

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Were you able to identify the cause?

Thanks
-Ryan

prasanth_gunnam
New Contributor
Hi,

It was observed that always my Netsight SNMP traps services is automatically getting stopped in every 2 seconds.

Regards,
Prasanth

prasanth_gunnam
New Contributor
Dear Karthik,

I have followed the same, but still not getting the traps....

In traps tab i am getting an message as "unable to find events in log file"

Regards,
Prasanth.
GTM-P2G8KFN