cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 logging

X670 logging

M_Nees
Contributor III
It seems that problems within 2 X670V in Datacenter Distribution layer which working in a stack caused a network disruption (EXOS V 15.3.4.6). we using mLAG as redundancy mechanism to core switch and to the connected server - no STP. Unfortunately the system log tell me nothing about that problem.

So i do not know where is should looking for the root cause. If maybe there is a problem with switch stacking or hardware or only a network loop occurs (because of server misconfiguring or maybe a fault within mLAG)???

Are there any suggestions how to setup switch logging (EMS) mor granular. That if the next time a network disruption occours the logging allow a more details view ??

Thanks for helpful advices.
6 REPLIES 6

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi,

because in my special case i do not know where the issue is coming from i decide to set the error logging to nvram a little bit lower for hoping to see more than an event occurs.

configure log target nvram filter DefaultFilter severity Warning (Default Value)configure log target nvram filter DefaultFilter severity Notice
is my assumption correct ?

How many log events can be stored in NVRAM ? Does i run into the problem that event logging (too much events) will waste / fill up switch nvram storage ? How can i check that ?

Regards

Kawawa
Extreme Employee
Hi Mathias,

In addition to the usual troubleshooting show commands, you can add events to the DefaulLogFilter or any custom logs you've defined that report on particular conditions, i.e. HAL.Stacking.Error would report if there is any stacking error, while events like HAL.VSM.AllocMLAGMemFail will let you know if a memory allocation for an MLAG operation failed, It all depends on what you want to see and the EMS Message Catalog is a good place to start and better understand what each component/subcomponent and matching conditions do.

Also, look at the following articles from out Knowledgebase:
How to troubleshoot MLAG issues
Useful logs filters can be added to track any event of stacking ports

If you have any specific information you're looking to understand, let us know and I am sure more specific things to look at can be recommended.

GTM-P2G8KFN