Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme core switch and Top of rack switches

Extreme core switch and Top of rack switches

Asifi
New Contributor II

Hello Community,

I have a setup question.  I have 2 sites with and Extreme 8404 core switch at each site.

I have 2x top of rack switches in a port channel on each site going into their respective Extreme core ports.

However, I do not have a core connection from Extreme core switch site A to top of rack site B and Extreme core switch site B to top of rack switch site A.

Can anyone advise the best way to do this please?

I have a fibre link between the the 2 sites with free fibre cores to use.  The top of rack switches are currently using 2 core ports at each site going into the Extreme core switch (LACP).

The below is what I need.

Asifi_0-1728910164240.png

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

XTRMUser
Contributor

I think your cores are running VOSS correct? What about your TOR's? 

XTRMUser
Contributor

We have a similar setup. In ours, our two Cores are vIST'ed together. Then on each site, our two top of racks (running VOSS) are vISTed to each other. Then from site A, there is an uplink to Site A core, and one uplink to Site B core. You can either do both uplink from one top of rack (TOR), or (what we do) one uplink from first TOR to site A, and one uplink from second TOR to site B.

Somebody correct me if I missed something, or didn't explain this very well.

Asifi
New Contributor II

@XTRMUser  - many thanks for your reply.  This is what I was thinking too.  For Site A:

• TOR switches stacked.
  • 1x 10GB link to Extreme site A
  • 1x 10GB link to Extreme site B
  • Extreme site A and B 10GB ports in MLT
  • Similar for Site B.

Currently I have this setup in MLT with no port members assigned so it's classed as a NormalMLT.  I'm thinking once setup and the correct port members are assigned this will change to SplitMLT.

I am also thinking have 2 MLT's.  One for each pair of TOR switches from site A to site B rather than 1 MLT with 2 port members? Is this  how you would do this?

Many thanks,

GTM-P2G8KFN