cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme-Dynamic-Client-Assignments (FABRIC EDGE)

Extreme-Dynamic-Client-Assignments (FABRIC EDGE)

Configterminal
New Contributor III

Has anyone had any luck using the Extreme-Dynamic-Client-Assignments VSAs to send back attributes for VLAN assignment on Fabric Switches?

I've tried every variation and my switches will not accept it.  I am using XMC/XIQ-SE to send back the following.  Is my syntax wrong, the only thing the switch takes is the REAUTH value.

Extreme-Dynamic-Client-Assignments='create=vlan, pv=108, vni=108100, ev=0;'
Extreme-Dynamic-Config=REAUTH

show eapol sessions neap verbose
************************************************************************************
Command Execution Time: Fri Jul 12 16:08:40 2024 EDT
************************************************************************************

==========================================================================================================================================================================
Non-Eap Oper Status Verbose
==========================================================================================================================================================================
PORT MAC STATE VLAN PRI Flex-UNI I-SID NON-EAP VLAN:I-SID ACL ACEs DYN RADIUS DYNAMIC
NUM ID Enable SOURCE AUTH MHSA SETTINGS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/47 AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF authenticated N/A 0 true n/a radius FALSE REAUTH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Number of NEAP Sessions: 1

========================================================================================================================

========================================================================================================================
PORT MAC DYNAMIC VLAN ATTRIBUTES
NUM CREATE PV SV I-SID EV VLAN NAME I-SID NAME MVPN I-SID
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Configterminal
New Contributor III

Thank you both for your input and help.  It was unfortunately something entirely different as I am running an old version of XMC (I know, I know).  I needed to add the VSA (Extreme-Dynamic-Client-Assignments) to the appropriate dictionary file.  I conducted a PCAP and noticed XMC wasn't even sending the VSA to the switch whatsoever.  After making the adjustments following this article all is well - https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000080821

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Configterminal
New Contributor III

Thank you both for your input and help.  It was unfortunately something entirely different as I am running an old version of XMC (I know, I know).  I needed to add the VSA (Extreme-Dynamic-Client-Assignments) to the appropriate dictionary file.  I conducted a PCAP and noticed XMC wasn't even sending the VSA to the switch whatsoever.  After making the adjustments following this article all is well - https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000080821

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

Try remove the space characters and trailing semi-colon from the 1st VSA

Marlon_Scheid
New Contributor III

I am using this, and its working fine. I dont think that you need the extre ' at the beginning and the end.

Marlon_Scheid_0-1721023526313.png

GTM-P2G8KFN