cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting IP address of connected devices on 4800/4900 ERS switches

Getting IP address of connected devices on 4800/4900 ERS switches

Roc156
New Contributor

I have a few 4800 and 4900 switches. Is it possible to get the IP address of connected devices? The only way I can get any IP address of a device is for Avaya VoIP phones using the command show lldp neighbor med inventory.

10 REPLIES 10

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Almost,

you can also do “show lldp neig” and “show autotop nm” do get additional info on the switches connected to the core.

Mig

Roc156
New Contributor

SPBM is not enabled.

So I will need to do “sh ip arp” on the core and I’ll get the IP and MAC address, along with which switch it is connected to. Then I connect to the switch and run the “show mac-address-table” and search for the MAC address and I’ll be able to see the port to which it is connected.

Is that bout right?

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Roc156,

On your core do a “show ip arp”, you’ll get all the known IP’s with the corresponding port (switch connected)

/if they are configured with SPBM, you can run “show vlan remote-mac-table vlanid” but I’m not sur if /the ERS8810 support it.

if you do a “show mac-address-table” on the ERS you’ll get the MAC and the port.

MS Excel will do the rest 😉

Mig

Roc156
New Contributor

I noticed that in COM 3.0 I can see and search for IP devices under Routing Manager and selecting any one of our Layer 3 core switches.

Routing Manager / IPv4 Networks / IP Routing / ARP

I notice it shows the Interface as a number in the VLAN name. Example 4321 in PC

How can I cross reference that Interface to the switch that is connected to?

GTM-P2G8KFN