Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Auto-Sense Configuration for VSP 4900 / Auto-Sense SD-WAN Option

Missing Auto-Sense Configuration for VSP 4900 / Auto-Sense SD-WAN Option

Phil_
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I've been lazy and wanted to automatically onboard the SD-WAN Appl IPE-2200AX-T via auto-sense, just like I had done with Universal Switches, specifically 5420. The difference here is that this time I wanted to onboard it on a VSP 4900, which apparently in version 9.0.4.0 is unable to perform the auto-sense SD-WAN configuration, which is confusing to me because nowhere in the release notes or VOSS user guide is it mentioned to be missing or unsupported. Just in case its relevant, the switches were initially deployed without auto-sense configuration, when they were installed they were reset to factory defaults without auto-sense enabled by default.

Am I missing something? Like a special boot flag or something? Or why does the VSP 4900 not support the auto-sense sd-wan feature specifically in this case?

CLI Output:

VSP4900:1(config)#auto-sense ?
access-diffserv Sets the diff-srv type as "access" for a port
data Configure auto-sense data traffic information
dhcp-detection Enable dhcp server detection
eapol Configure eapol information
fa Configure autosense fabric attach information
isis Configure auto-sense isis information
onboarding Configure auto-sense onboarding traffic information
qos Qos interface configurations
voice Configure auto-sense phone information
wait-interval Configure auto-sense wait interval information
VSP4900:1(config)#auto-sense

Thank you in advance for every help.

Best regards,

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

There is a "show auto-sense sd-wan" command only on 5320-16 & 24 port models. None other. That is due to a limitation on those platforms can only support 1 VRF. SD-WAN over VSP4900 works fine. I tried to add a post earlier but it did not get added..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Roger,

after some troubleshooting the issue, we could see that the sd-wan appliance barely sent any packets. We restarted the appliance and now it works. But on the other hand I am still confused why there is a "show auto-sense sd-wan" command on universal switches  but not VSPs like the 4900 Series.

we checked, it is there in the latest releases, what release are you using?

We are using the 4900-12MXU-12XE with VOSS Version 9.0.4.0. I mean the auto-sense sd-wan did work after rebooting the SD-WAN Appl IPE-2200AX-T but still strange. Here a screenshot from the VSP 4900.

vsp4900.PNG 

It seems Ludovico is right that only the 5320 has the "show auto-sense sd-wan" command.

Phil, it had been added to 9.1 which is in beta right now. So stay tuned.

GTM-P2G8KFN