cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMLT vIST on GNS3 latest versions goes down after few minutes

SMLT vIST on GNS3 latest versions goes down after few minutes

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II

Hi, I've made a quick lab on GNS3 version 2.2.42 and VOSS image 8.10.1.0 GA and made a simple SMLT\vIST configuration between a pair of switches 

Antonio_Opromol_0-1693494698180.png

But the vIST remain UP only few minutes and then goes down.

Below the screenshot of the console of the two switches with the errors:

Antonio_Opromol_1-1693494778928.pngAntonio_Opromol_2-1693494804103.png

Has someone tested the SMLT\vIST setup with latest VOSS image?

Does it works?

I have tryed with GNS3 VM in vmware workstation and also on ESXi, but I've got always the same problem.

4 REPLIES 4

BertG5
New Contributor

I also have the same problem. It feels like vIST and MLT are not working well in this release. Will there be a newer release or update of this image?

I hope the next virtual image can have all the features (Extreme can limit the performance of the VM) and anyway I think no one can imagine to use these images in a contest different then a demo lab. A full funtionality version may be a extraordinary tool for the pre-sales to convince customer against competition expecialli for Fabric Connect and Extend that is quite far from the solution of other vendor, so is not enought to show it them with few machine, but the flexibility that give us the virtual images permit to build a more rich evironment and more realistic to their contest..

lhernandez
New Contributor

Hi Antonio.

I made the same lab using the same version and configuration and I got the same outcome; vIST is up for a few minutes and then it goes down.

I tried to use this workaround but it did not work.

https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000057164

Regards.

Hi, Extreme's official response is that vIST is not supported on the virtual version of Voss. It's a shame because it is a very powerful pre-sales tool that fails to fight a very fierce competition that instead provides virtual images in which to convince customers about their solutions.

GTM-P2G8KFN