Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPBM implemented in EXOS

SPBM implemented in EXOS

haveagreatday
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I was wondering if there are plans for implementing VOSS SPMB capabilities in EXOS, so the EXOS switches can work as BCBs/BEBs.

VOSS has quite complicated command line interface compared to EXOS and I thing it would be even simpler to configure SPBM in EXOS like CLI. One of the strong sides of EXOS is its configuration simplicity and command line's functionalities; I've had an experience of technicians that typically use GUI tool to manage their infrastructure and said that EXOS CLI is so nice and intuitive that they'll use it for simple configuration and monitoring.

We already have universal hardware that can work under EXOS and VOSS so integrading VOSS functionalities in EXOS seems like a natural step.

I wonder if there were any discutions about this between Extreme developers or if it's on any internal roadmaps.

Best regards and have a great day 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

CLI and GUI usability all comes down to personal preference. 

I have customers that love ERS/VSP CLI and don't like EXOS. And I have customers that think EXOS CLI is far superior.   At the end of the day it comes down to familiarity.  Today we have to switch o/s's.  You get the pick what makes the most sense.  Since Extreme purchased Avaya I am seeing most clients going EXOS edge and VSP Agg/Core/DC.   With FA on EXOS it really don't matter.

And the CLI is just a CLI.  I am seeing fewer clients worrying about the CLI because they are automating everything with ZTP, ZTF and NAC.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Chi
New Contributor II

I agree with the VOSS/FE CLI aspect, since I did everything in the original ACE-Fx classes via CLI.  

I'd take the old NNCLI from the Passports over the EXOS CLI.  LOL

GTM-P2G8KFN