Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vlan identifier and weight for default static route for VSP 7200

vlan identifier and weight for default static route for VSP 7200

jwumcp
New Contributor

Hello all,

I am not very familiar with VSP. I do need some help on something that could be simple.

1. what is vlan identifier when creating new vlan? It is same as vid in ERS?
  2. I don’t know how to give weight for default static route when I configure a default static route for vsp 7200? what does weight here mean in VSP? I cannot seem to find any good explanation for this in the VSP related documentation.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

in my example 111 is the VLAN number/ID. 

The zero “0” at the end of that command is to select what Spanning Tree group you wish to assign that vlan to.  STP group 0-to-64.

By picking “0” I am putting that vlan in no spanning tree group. 

If you are new the VSPs I would keep things simple and just put all the VLANS in group “0”.

When I deploy Fabric Networks with all VSPs I put all VLANs in group zero “0”

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jwumcp
New Contributor

got it. Thank you Paul.

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

in my example 111 is the VLAN number/ID. 

The zero “0” at the end of that command is to select what Spanning Tree group you wish to assign that vlan to.  STP group 0-to-64.

By picking “0” I am putting that vlan in no spanning tree group. 

If you are new the VSPs I would keep things simple and just put all the VLANS in group “0”.

When I deploy Fabric Networks with all VSPs I put all VLANs in group zero “0”

jwumcp
New Contributor

Thank you Paul so much for your quick response. Very helpful.

Just one more question, I noticed you pick 0 as the identifier when created port vlan. Can I know why you pick 0 instead of other number? If I create multiple vlans, am I supposed to use same identifier or different identifier? they are all same vlan type, i.e., port-mstprstp

Thanks.

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

creating a vlan is the same in VSP and ERS.

vlan create 111 type port  ///for ERS

vlan create 111 type port-mstprstp 0 //  for VSP,

as for Static route weight( or cost)  I think the default is 10. If you only have one static route to your Cisco device there is really nothing to do here.

I would just pick a weight of 10 and preference of 1.  

Switch:1(config)#ip route 192.0.2.2 255.255.0.0 198.51.100.24 weight 10 preference 1 Switch:1(config)#ip route 192.0.2.2 255.255.0.0 198.51.100.24 enable

If you are new to VSP you should download the doc collections. 

http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/VOSS/SW/81x/DocCollection_VSP7200_8.1.5_Apr2020.zip?_ga=2.1...

In there you will find a TCG and all the technical guides.   The best doc is called “SPBVOSS_TCG_CG.pdf.   I have attached it….

you will also find all the detailed config guides.

IPv4 Routing VOSS

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/VOSS/SW/81x/ConfigIPv4VOSS_8.1.5_CG.pdf?_ga=2.158783610.19...

VLAN and STP for VOSS

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/VOSS/SW/81x/ConfigVLANSVOSS_8.1.5_CG.pdf?_ga=2.158783610.1...

GTM-P2G8KFN