cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOSS Q-in-Q Support

VOSS Q-in-Q Support

bfaltys
Contributor II

I’ve been trying to find this answer in documentation, but haven’t located anything very useful so far. Will a vsp4900 or 7400 running VOSS support Q-in-Q? Specifically, I need 1 interface that can connect to an ISP and can push/pop Q-in-Q tags. I did notice the SPBM ethertype can be set to 88a8...does that mean the switch can do either 802.1q OR q-in-q, but not both at the same time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Roger_Lapuh
Extreme Employee

I suggest you work with your local Extreme Sales Engineer if you can’t find what you are looking for. We can then help you find a way to address your requirements.

Roger

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Lapuh
Extreme Employee

I suggest you work with your local Extreme Sales Engineer if you can’t find what you are looking for. We can then help you find a way to address your requirements.

Roger

bfaltys
Contributor II

Yeah, we’re not looking to carry it over fabric. Basically, we have 150 sites that are getting connected to a new ISP as part of an agreement between them and the city I work for. Some of the sites are already on our own (city owned) fiber. Those will get added to our fabric. Some of the others might, but we were looking at q-in-q as that is how some of the smaller sites will connect. I’ve seen that other post, but will skim through the document again to see if I can find a solution.

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

There was another thread on the same topic here

https://community.extremenetworks.com/extremeswitching-vsp-233220/s-tag-qinq-over-voss-fabric-782934...

The VSPs can transport QinQ traffic, but cannot to any pushing or popping of Q-tags.

Though this is possible in conjunction with XOS VMAN.

See attached.

GTM-P2G8KFN