cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSP8600 - x440G2 fabric: uplink ports on vsp loses it isid assignment

VSP8600 - x440G2 fabric: uplink ports on vsp loses it isid assignment

BRMS
New Contributor II

we are using x440g2 switches connected to a vsp8600 and nac to assing dynamic vlans with isid to connected clients. this works most of the time except for our deployment net which is used to install new clients.

the deployment vlan switches from active to pending in “show fabric attach assignments”. the uplink-port on the x440g2 is still tagged with the vlan but the uplink-port on the vsp loses its vlan assignment. this happens only with the deployment vlan, every other vlan works as expected.

to repair the problem temporarily i execute “conf deployment add nsi 13621” on the x440g2 and the vlan gets active again. this only helps for a short time though.

what could be the reason for this? is there a way to debug the assignment problem any further? i don’t see anything about that vlan in the logs unfortunately. maybe this is only a timeout issue?

5 REPLIES 5

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

You would need to determine whether the problem is the X440 no longer advertising that binding via LLDP or the VSPs not including it any longer in their LLDP packets. From my experience these issues tend to originate on the XOS side and the fact that re-executing the command on the 440s corrects it seems confirm that. What XOS software version are you using ? If you are on 22.5 or 22.6 I would recommend an upgrade as there have been many FA fixes since then.

GTM-P2G8KFN