cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the other Fabric management tools?

What are the other Fabric management tools?

Maryam
New Contributor II

I read a book about Extreme Fabric Technology and it said "When it comes to fabric-management tools, the latest trend is cloud. If your organization is not quite ready for using the public cloud for infrastructure management, look for tools that can also be deployed in private cloud environments or even on-premises."  So if I want to get fabric technology in my network what the other Fabric management tools should I use to manage my fabric?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

Hi. Our fabric solution does not actually need any external management platform to operate. Though a management platform is very useful to monitor the network through topology maps, events and alerts, facilitate new switch onboarding, provision new fabric services, perform software upgrades, manage config backups, etc. Today that management platform is Extreme Cloud IQ Site Engine (XIQ-SE) which is an on premises solution but which is also Cloud enabled and will report all managed devices into Extreme Cloud IQ (XIQ) as well as seamlessly checking out licenses where required. It can also be deployed in air-gap mode in which case it won't talk to Cloud (but then you need to install licenses manually).

XIQ-SE also integrates Control functions (RADIUS servers) as well as Analytics collection all in one, which creates a lot of value when you are searching for a MAC/IP or looking at network trends, all the Network Access Control (NAC) and Analytics data are available under the same management interface. The API and automation capabilities of XIQ-SE are also very handy as you can easily create workflows and scripts to automate any repetitive tasks. And finally XIQ-SE also works with third party devices.

Going forward a lot of the above mentioned functionality will also become available natively via Cloud management.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

Hi. Our fabric solution does not actually need any external management platform to operate. Though a management platform is very useful to monitor the network through topology maps, events and alerts, facilitate new switch onboarding, provision new fabric services, perform software upgrades, manage config backups, etc. Today that management platform is Extreme Cloud IQ Site Engine (XIQ-SE) which is an on premises solution but which is also Cloud enabled and will report all managed devices into Extreme Cloud IQ (XIQ) as well as seamlessly checking out licenses where required. It can also be deployed in air-gap mode in which case it won't talk to Cloud (but then you need to install licenses manually).

XIQ-SE also integrates Control functions (RADIUS servers) as well as Analytics collection all in one, which creates a lot of value when you are searching for a MAC/IP or looking at network trends, all the Network Access Control (NAC) and Analytics data are available under the same management interface. The API and automation capabilities of XIQ-SE are also very handy as you can easily create workflows and scripts to automate any repetitive tasks. And finally XIQ-SE also works with third party devices.

Going forward a lot of the above mentioned functionality will also become available natively via Cloud management.

Thank you

GTM-P2G8KFN