cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After connecting to 2.4g only ssid, after connecting BT headset, BT SCO opn network does not respond.

After connecting to 2.4g only ssid, after connecting BT headset, BT SCO opn network does not respond.

classic037
New Contributor

hi

After connecting to Aruba AP, if you use BT headset to open BT sco,
ping requst time out. (100% reproduced)

1. Add ssid in Aruba ap. (2.4G only)
2. Connect with the ssid added through the Android device.
3. Connect the bluetooth headset on the android device.
4. Open BT SCO. (For example, make a call by opening a voice channel with BT for wifi call)
5. The network is unresponsive. (ping keeps returning requset time out)

Please check video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FBV3J_20EDzdWft0vB2L_IU3CbUXAITA/view

3b89da9b070f4cd38111912379fe5059_7f0bc9e5-ad89-4d25-89da-715cf5e43090.png

Customers hope to solve this problem in the 2.4g band.

I need help

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

What is the current wlan config and radio interface config for the AP?

Are there any WLAN client devices that don’t support 5 GHz?

What 2.4 GHz channel is used by the AP right now? Please note that lots of BT or strong BT signal can disrupt WLAN communication sometimes in general. I had a customer who had significant performance drop when he was using 2.4 GHz and a cordless mouse that was constantly jumping between frequencies. https://www.metageek.com/training/resources/wifi-and-non-wifi-interference

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

If it’s not an issue, may I ask why the customer wants to keep all WiNG WLAN traffic on 2.4 GHz? Are the devices only capable of 2.4 GHz? If not, it’s actually disruptive to not use 5 GHz (less non-wifi interferences, more channels - higher capacity possible to achieve).

I’m not sure why this kind of issue could be affecting only AP7522, like it was a driver problem when seeing BT traffic (and not just non-wifi interference issue). Perhaps it’d be good to call GTAC for assistance.

Summon @Christoph S.@Chris Kelly@Ovais Qayyum.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

classic037
New Contributor

Hi Tomasz

013855fb88a84fa7b9f6138935759d70_7105f717-fb29-4be6-80a2-3f764c58315b.png

→ No, the customer wants the AP7522 AP to use only 2.4 channels.

What 2.4 GHz channel is used by the AP right now?

→ The phenomenon is reproduced in all channels 1 to 13.

Please note that lots of BT or strong BT signal can disrupt WLAN communication sometimes in general. I had a customer who had significant performance drop when he was using 2.4 GHz and a cordless mouse that was constantly jumping between frequencies.

→ 

As a result of comparative testing with other APs, only AP7522 is 100% reproduced.

Cisco, itpime and Linksys are not reproduced.

Thank you

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

What 2.4 GHz channel is used by the AP right now? Please note that lots of BT or strong BT signal can disrupt WLAN communication sometimes in general. I had a customer who had significant performance drop when he was using 2.4 GHz and a cordless mouse that was constantly jumping between frequencies. https://www.metageek.com/training/resources/wifi-and-non-wifi-interference

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN