cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices disconnecting and reconnecting to same AP

Devices disconnecting and reconnecting to same AP

Jagster
New Contributor

Devices constantly disconnecting from one access point and immediately reconnecting to the same access point every couple of minutes,

Either with Rx disassoc reason 8 <assoc-leave> or Tx disassoc reason 101 <n/a>

I believe reason 8 is the AP deauthing unless somebody can point me in the right direction and if it is the AP why? and no idea what reason 101 is?

From the tech log the only thing i really see before each disconnection is about 20/30 seconds prior it always has 

info    ah_dcd: wifi: [CLT_CAPS]Send 885b:dd95:fba5[b8f1:2a7c:54fe] <PROBE REQ> trap successfully
debug   ah_dcd: b327acd0  01 00 09 01 00 0a 01 00  0b 01 00                   ........ ...
debug   ah_dcd: b327acc0  03 03 01 07 04 00 05 01  00 06 01 00 07 01 00 08    ........ ........
debug   ah_dcd: b327acb0  a5 2c 00 00 00 00 00 00  22 00 00 01 01 03 02 01    .,...... ".......
debug   ah_dcd: b327aca0  77 00 00 00 36 b8 f1 2a  7c 54 fe 88 5b dd 95 fb    w...6..* |T..[...
info    capwap: application: CAPWAP receive kevent AH_KEVENT_ITK_NOTIFY, eventid = 15, size = 117
info    capwap: application: CAPWAP receive kevent AH_KEVENT_ITK_NOTIFY, eventid = 15, size = 117
info    kernel: [wifi]: [CLT_CAPS]Remove scb<b8:f1:2a:7c:54:fe> in tailq

What is CLT_CAPS remove scb?

Any help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jagster, could you tell me what model AP you are using currently? And is this happening to all clients are just some? If it is happening to only some of your clients, can you find any similarities in the devices having this issue, like android vs apple, laptops vs phones, etc? Finally, by every few minutes, can you tell if it’s happening every 10 minutes? If so I would look at your background scan settings for the AP first; by default the background scans are set to run every 10 minutes and some more sensitive client devices may be disconnected by the scan (this is usually only an issue for older client devices). The background scan settings are in the radio profile of the AP. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jagster, could you tell me what model AP you are using currently? And is this happening to all clients are just some? If it is happening to only some of your clients, can you find any similarities in the devices having this issue, like android vs apple, laptops vs phones, etc? Finally, by every few minutes, can you tell if it’s happening every 10 minutes? If so I would look at your background scan settings for the AP first; by default the background scans are set to run every 10 minutes and some more sensitive client devices may be disconnected by the scan (this is usually only an issue for older client devices). The background scan settings are in the radio profile of the AP. 

GTM-P2G8KFN