cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change outside color of AP from white to black

How to change outside color of AP from white to black

jraber
New Contributor

I need to make my AP’s black on the outside instead of white. I’ve been looking at using black duct tape, heat shrink tape, or something similar. Any suggestions?  Will certain tapes hinder wifi signal or void warranties?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

here a article from the KB…

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Can-I-paint-an-Access-Point-for-aesthetic-rea...

You’d also Google “paint access point” do find some information.

We’ve done that back in 2007 for a customer - I’ll check whether I’d find some old mails with details.

-Ron

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I’ve seen several “vanity covers” for different vendor access points that are usually a plastic shell that clips over the AP. I thought I had seen universal cloth covers, but I’m having trouble finding them now. Id imagine this is something you could have a seamstress or upholstery shop manufacture for relatively cheap. Thinking of something akin to the stretchy chair covers they use at weddings and conferences.

Volker_Kull
Contributor

We used couloured foil/lamination. That worked perfect and you won´t loose warranty because you can pull the foil off.

br

Volker

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

here a article from the KB…

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Can-I-paint-an-Access-Point-for-aesthetic-rea...

You’d also Google “paint access point” do find some information.

We’ve done that back in 2007 for a customer - I’ll check whether I’d find some old mails with details.

-Ron

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

You might want to delete this post and re-post in one the wireless sub-groups.  

WING, Identifi, or XIC.

It will most likely get more views in there. 

GTM-P2G8KFN