cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integrate wireless controller with NAC

integrate wireless controller with NAC

Darrin_Tingey
New Contributor II
We have a c35 controller and netsight I am just trying right now to make a simple connection to the nac through a vns wlan service. I have set up the radius under authentication for the NAC. IN NAC manager I am able to verify the NAC connection. I have set up the AAA I believe correctly. When I try to connect a client I get a message on client wrong user name and password but in the logs of the controller I see a message that there is no Radius server available for WLAN. There has to be something I am missing but I have no idea what. I can send you what ever screen shots you may need to help. Thanks for any help. This has been very frustrating process.
12 REPLIES 12

Darrin_Tingey
New Contributor II
Thank you for your help. I have opened a ticket with GTAC.

Thanks

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
We're at the point where it might be a good idea to open a ticket.

First thing GTAC should do is take a trace on the NAC appliance and see if the RADIUS request is being received, and if it's being responded to. The initial error message indicates there is a failure to process the packet.

You can take a trace on the NAC using tcpdump, and you can enable diagnostics in the NAC webview if you are comfortable with it. I would suggest Authentication Request Processing - NAC and Authentication Request Processing - RADIUS.

If you aren't comfortable I suggest submitting a ticket and speaking with GTAC.

Thanks
-Ryan

Darrin_Tingey
New Contributor II
Yes, I have both wireless controllers added in the switches tab in NAC Manager and I am trying to set up the radius from the primary controller 10.1.8.30

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Did you add the switch into the "Switches" tab in NAC Manager? Is the IP address in the switches tab the same IP address sourcing RADIUS traffic from the EWC?

Thanks
-Ryan
GTM-P2G8KFN