cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
Currently, we are using accounts created on each switch in order to be able to login.

We do have Extreme Management Center 8.x installed (we have NAC but don't have it fully configured/deployed yet) and have it configured so that users can login to EMC with their LDAP credentials. I know that a user can then use the "Open Device Terminal" via EMC, but we want to know if it is possible (and how we would configure it) so that we can use LDAP accounts instead when they start up PuTTY and SSH to a switch? I have read lots of different posts/articles on this and my head is swimming and need some guidance/clarity. Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
If you don't know the exact attribute string you'd find it very easily...

- open the NAC Manager Java app
- go to advanced config
- select the LDAP server
- click on Test
- User Search and put in the username and click Search

In the output you'd see the full attribute string - copy/paste that in the XOS Admin Group.

0cdc4b11e46f473aa59f897d1fc4e706_RackMultipart20180503-32096-9pl503-EMC_LDAP_memberof_inline.png

Ahmed_Haroun
New Contributor III
Please check your Attribute values, it is not complete, it should have the OU .

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
Yes, we are doing this on a test node.

I could not find the specific KB article. I found this one, https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configure-RADIUS-authentication-for... but I don't think it is the one we want as we are using LDAP and not RADIUS.

NAC is the RADIUS server and NAC is using your AD (LDAP) to access the user/pw information.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
You haven't mentioned whether you've configured the switch for mgmt access authentication via CLI - that would be #2 in the KB article
"Configure the Switches to send management RADIUS requests to the NAC appliance."

As per the last screenshot the config that was done via XMC includes only network access.

!!! don't play around with mgmt access on a production switch - use a test node - or you'd end up with no access in case something is configured not correcty = would be a good idea to configure local fallback !!!
GTM-P2G8KFN