cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC display no information device type/ family when host has static ip

NAC display no information device type/ family when host has static ip

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II
I have printers with static ip adressen. I mis the information device family and device type.

Is it possible to get this information ?
Johan Hendrik System Architect Audax
7 REPLIES 7

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
  • There is plan to have analytics based profiling very soon = official feature
  • Today you can define your own application "Printing" based on application fingerprint. Periodically check clients using your application "Printing" and change the profile by API call. This can be done quite easily by workflow or scripts inside of Extreme Management Center
here is example of RestAPI call: https://MyXMC:8443/axis/services/NACEndSystemWebService/setDeviceTypeByMAC?macAddress=80:D6:05:4A:D6:C4&deviceType=Nokia-Brick&isAccurate=true&reason=Profile_changed
Regards Zdeněk Pala

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II
How does it work with the api call ? We have Extreme Analutics but most of our printers are printing with port 9100

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
The Device Type can be set by API call = if you know list of your printers then the device type can be updated.
If you have Extreme Analytics involved then we can update the device type based on information from Analytics: example if the device does talk to the print server through the port 9191 then it is printer...
Regards Zdeněk Pala

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II
Peter,
I have XOS G2 switches

I have enabled nodealias. But this is so XMC can resolve fixed ip adresses.
GTM-P2G8KFN