cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC Manager LDAP Integration with Sub Domain

NAC Manager LDAP Integration with Sub Domain

info_systemhaus
New Contributor II
We are using NAC Manager with policys to authentificate our Staff which ist coming wireless from a EWC ...

The Authentification works with LDAP against the Domain. .... username\Domain

Example : Hans.Mustermann@thhf.net

Now we want to integrate also the students from our School into this ldap authentification,

but they are located into an subdomain.

Example : Franz.Mustermann@stud.thhf.net

Does this work with Nac Manger from Extreme ?? , we are using Netsight / NAC Manager 6.1.0

The Nac Manager know the ldap Connection to the Primary Domain and is joined into this Domain, rather a Student send a logon request with his subdomain logon, the ldap should forward this to the subdomain DC ... i think this is more a Windows Problem.

I only want to know if here is anybody who has already a working Environment with subdomains and LDAP Authentification.

Regards

Christian

PS : Sorry for bad gramma .. non native english author

11 REPLIES 11

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Should work. Configure advanced AAA rules : based on the username part (subdimain) use different aaa server/method = different LDAP server/settings. Good luck 
Regards Zdeněk Pala

I'm glad that I could help You 

Hello Piotr,

many thx .. it works ..

I have separated the Domains by the Logon Praefix ...an it works ..

Screenshot for all others 🙂 ... having the same Problem.

975feb16f2c34149b6fa6d642094e262_RackMultipart20150616-30865-19splu0-THH_Domain_2_inline.png

It should work. You can check if the condition of domain name containing "stud" is met and then classify user to be authenticated by one LDAP server and if not classify by the second.
GTM-P2G8KFN