cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem AP Extreme networks AP410C with Ubiquiti switch

Problem AP Extreme networks AP410C with Ubiquiti switch

P3ta
New Contributor

Hello, I have a problem with an AP Extreme networks AP410C, when I connect it to an Extreme networks switch that we have, the AP connects with ExtremeCloud IQ, and has a network (white LED).

We have the problem when we connect the AP Extreme networks AP410C to a Ubiquiti switch that is behind the Extreme networks switch (with the VLANs tagged), the AP appears as disconnected in ExtremeCloud IQ, and it does not have a network (orange LED).

In principle, we have the Ubiquiti switch correctly configured (VLANs), if we connect a Ubiquiti brand AP on the same port that we have previously connected the Extreme networks AP, we have a network without a problem with the Ubiquiti AP.

Is there any type of incompatibility between the AP410C and Ubiquiti switches? or is it necessary to make some type of special configuration for it to work.

A greeting and thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

There are no known compatibility problems. What I suspect is happening is that there are ACLs or a firewall somewhere between the AP and the ExtremeCloud IQ that is preventing the connection.

Ensure that when a device is connected to the switch that these are available and not blocked.

ckelly_0-1698514840551.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Handler
Contributor II

Peta,

I know that many Ubiquiti APs run on 24V POE, while the Extreme APs run on the standard 48V POE.  Can you confirm that the Ubiquiti Switch is capable/set for 48V POE?

thanks,

Bill

ckelly
Extreme Employee

There are no known compatibility problems. What I suspect is happening is that there are ACLs or a firewall somewhere between the AP and the ExtremeCloud IQ that is preventing the connection.

Ensure that when a device is connected to the switch that these are available and not blocked.

ckelly_0-1698514840551.png

GTM-P2G8KFN