cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote AP's fail to connect to controller

Remote AP's fail to connect to controller

Craig_Sakach
New Contributor II
This is my first time working with Extreme Networks equipment so excuse any lack of knowledge I may have on these products.

The clinic I work for has 3 locations connected via WatchGuard Remote Office VPN. Subnets are as follows with the WatchGuard firewalls doing the routing:
Main Office: 172.20.1.0/24
Remote Office 1: 172.20.2.0/24
Remote Office 2: 172.20.3.0/24

We have a C25 Controller running v09.12.01.0067 located at the Main Office with IP 172.20.1.25.
We have 13 total AP-3825i AP's with 9 at the Main Office, and 2 at each Remote Office.

The Main Office has a Microsoft DHCP server and the Remote Office's get their DHCP addresses from their respective WatchGuard firewalls.

A security firm has control of the WatchGuard firewalls so I don't have direct access to their configuration and I'm not sure if the WatchGuard supports option 43. Because of this, it is why I took the following steps;

I installed the AP's at the Main Office and they connected up to the controller and are working beautifully! Because I couldn't add the Option 43 to the remote WatchGuard's, I connected the 4 Remote Office AP's to the Main Office network so they would obtain a DHCP address and configuration. Once the software was upgraded, I changed the IP's to manual IP's (172.20.2.x and 172.20.3.x) and set the controller IP as well.

I installed the AP's at the Remote Office locations but they show up on the controller as Inactive Local AP's even though I can ping and SSH into each AP from the Main Office. I can also ping the controller from the Remote Office's. This tells me that they are being seen on the network but something is keeping them from connecting to the controller properly.

Any idea's or suggestions is greatly appreciated!
21 REPLIES 21

Doug
Extreme Employee
Sure please email support@extremenetworks.com, in the subject line use [wireless] only (include the brackets) and send in your information. Please include the link to this hub conversation in the body of the email.

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

abdullah_baniba
New Contributor
I CAN SENT TO YOU CONFIGURATION FILE

abdullah_baniba
New Contributor
hello
i have wirless controller c35 with 5 ssid i have problem with downlaod when use any of these ssid
and when i ping to server there are high delay and some time request time out how i can solve this problem

DEAR
I CAN SENT TO YOU CONFIGURATION FILE
GTM-P2G8KFN