cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow stand alone AP250

Slow stand alone AP250

hmcmahan
New Contributor

We recently upgraded our wireless network and I have about 300 Aerohive 250's sitting in a warehouse. I thought that since these things are just sitting around they would be good to use as 1 offs in locations that don't really need wireless but it would be nice for one or two people.

I took a couple and removed them from Hive Manager, modified the config so "no cap client enabled" set them up as stand alones they work but not as expected. I am only getting about 130 m from the units. I expected a whole lot more. Granted that could be sufficient for one or two people but 300 or 400 would be nice.

I took the running config that the units were originally using, removed all reference to the hive, added my own information for the ssid and security. Left the radio profiles the way they were originally and like I stated earlier, they work just not as fast as I hoped.

What am I overlooking?

Thank You

HM

1 REPLY 1

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello @hmcmahan,

These devices are not made to be standalone. At the very least I would recommend that you register for a Cloud Connect account which will allow you up to 10 devices: https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000056841

Once done you can at least manage them easily and make the configuration changes via the GUI. 

BR,

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN