cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the solution for 3,000 APs?

What is the solution for 3,000 APs?

Amarin_Ngaokraj
New Contributor II
Hi I'm new to Identify Wireless Appliance. I know that C5210 can support up to 2000 APs which need HA mode. My questions are below

1. What is the solution for using more than 2000 APs? Can controller work like Main controller and another controllers are slave? If can how many controller can work together is there limitation?

2. For AP licenses I know that there is license pool and is this work with multiple controllers?

Anyone has some documents to explain this please share to me.

Regards,
Amarin
10 REPLIES 10

Amarin_Ngaokraj
New Contributor II
Anybody has doccument about this for my reference. Please share to me. Thank you.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Sorry for not beeing precise .. with master/slave I mean active/standby = 1000APs on EWC#1 and no APs on EWC#2 - if #1 fails #2 will take over.
Some customer like that setup even that would result of using only 50% of the max. possible AP count on the controller pair ... i.e. customer want to avoid inter controller mobility

3. There are some general settings that you'd need to setup on both controller individual but the main WLAN/SSID configuration could be done on either one of the controller pair and is synchronized to the other controller (if sync is enabled).

If you have more HA pairs and also have Netsight you'd use the adaptive UI = access all the controller GUIs in one window instead of have 6 windows open - you'd see a screenshot of it in this topic...
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/using_netsight_5_to_manage_wireless_controllers

Hi Ronald, Thanks for your explanation.

Amarin_Ngaokraj
New Contributor II
Thanks Ronald Dvorak,

For redundancy is Active-Active, isn't it?

More question about Master/Slave architecture.

1. This Master/Slave is suitable for distribute controllers to the regional office?

2. Is there any limitation of the number of slave can we have?

3. This architecture is single configuration at Master, isn't it?

Regards,

Amarin

GTM-P2G8KFN