cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple MacBook Sierra Wireless WIFI 5GHZ

Apple MacBook Sierra Wireless WIFI 5GHZ

Valter_Veiga
New Contributor III
MacBook running HighSierra in wireless 5Ghz very instable in access-points 3825, 3805, 3912 with controller C25 running v10.31.04 ou v10.31.04.

After a week of testes the best solution is: Disable 5Ghz and use the 2.4Ghz interface Only
72 REPLIES 72

Peter_Chang
New Contributor II
Ok. So two things that come to mind:
  1. On your 802.1x Privacy settings tab under WLAN Services, what Key Management Options do you have it set at. Just so you know, and I don't know why, but the Apple Macbook computers do not support Opportunistic Key Caching (OKC), but their iPads/iPhones do. Our Key Mangement Options are set to "Pre-Authentication"
  2. As mentioned before you will need to measure the signal from where this Mac is and look to see what the neighboring AP signal level is at. Because you have it set your radio levels to maximum power, you could be seeing interference from nearby APs. How far off is the next AP where this iMac sits?
Hope this helps.

Valter_Veiga
New Contributor III
I have 802.1x for computers and wpa2 for iPads, the radio power in the 5Ghz is at maximum.

At this moment a diference that I notice is the TxBF. I will look into the trafic capture I have done digging to see the TxBF negociation.

Peter_Chang
New Contributor II
What authentication type are you using? 802.1x? wpa2? what are your radio power levels?

Valter_Veiga
New Contributor III
Its is open.... and I'm updating ....

Peter_Chang
New Contributor II
At this point, this is out of my depth. Open a GTAC ticket if you haven't done so already.
GTM-P2G8KFN